SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Case Manager works directly under a licensed clinician and case manager supervisor and is responsible for ensuring that clients are linked to needed services in their community. The Case Manager must be able to work effectively with a range of clients and staff from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds as well as with private and public agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing case management/broker services for eligible clients (medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational rehabilitative or other needed community services.)
- Responsible for documentation including Log Sheets, DMH paperwork, Progress Notes, and Designated Outcome Measures as well as creating Behavior Charts and schedules for client/family as needed.
- Meet required productivity expectations – 28 billable hours per week.
- Meet required 7-day agency note submission deadline.
- Responsible to provide linkage, consultation and placement services as necessary.
- Community outreach when appropriate.
- Facilitate communication in a culturally sensitive manner between client/family and therapist when needed, through cultural and language interpretation.
- Serve as a leader or co-leader for ongoing groups, lessons, workshops and outings.
- Flexible with work hours in order to be available to families in evenings and occasionally on weekends.
- Assist with crisis intervention as needed including being available to client/families after hours and on weekends.
- Comply with HIPAA requirement for privacy and access of records.
- Provide written translation services.
- Culturally sensitive to each client/family and individual needs and customs as appropriate.
- Actively participate and attend in-service presentations, mandatory meetings, and trainings as scheduled.
- Utilize agency’s vehicles, when needed..
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BA degree with 2 years of experience or High School Diploma with 6 years of experience.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking required.
- CA Driver’s License and clean driving record for insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to be flexible and multitask, handling several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well as part of the case manager team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare effective written materials including correspondence and reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Knowledge of community health care and community services.
- Knowledge of case management methods, procedures, and documentation.
- Experience working with multiethnic/racial clients and communities.
- Ability to stay focused on duties and projects and get them completed on deadline as assigned.
- Ability to adhere to agency and clinic policy and procedures.
- Proficiency at computer required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Some work is performed within community, such as schools and homes.
- Work environment requires interaction with clients suffering from mental illnesses or severe emotional disturbances. As such, staff may be exposed to sudden emotional and/or physical outbursts.
- Limited physical effort required.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
Pay: $16 to $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time