IT Technician (Temporary Postion)
TITLE: IT Technician
REPORTS TO: IT Manager REVISION DATE:
SUMMARY OF POSITION: IT Technician provides remote, telephone and desk side technical and application support to an on-premises and mobile system users. The Incumbent will image, configure, deploy hybrid laptops, laptops, desktops, printers and peripheral equipment, provide support to users through the Helpdesk function and resolve issues; ensuring the integrity of the agency Desktop Environment is maintained. This person must exhibit excellent task and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, technical expertise, and dedication to SLA Driven problem resolution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- When on duty, primary help desk call taker for department, and is able to handle a busy help desk function with other tasks.
- Assembles and configures workstations according to company specification.
- Moves, replaces, and/or configures system components (e.g. monitors, printers, cables, system units, etc.) using available resources or knowledge when necessary.
- Help build and repair computer equipment; Troubleshoots Hardware and Software issues, to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Removal of all viruses, spyware, rootkits and other malware when a unit gets infected.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on system/software.
- Provides support, installation, and configuration for Hardware/Software products including: Desktop Computers, Laptops, HP Printers (local and network), computer peripherals, Windows 7/8, and Office 2010/2013.
- Maintain software/hardware inventory.
- Provision and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Administer PBX System (Voicemails and extensions).
- Administer and troubleshoot Multifunction network printers.
- Prepare computers for new hires, and special project teams.
- Communicate with external vendors and SaaS services for issue resolution.
- Work on special projects, as directed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- A+ and NETWORK+ Certification Preferred.
- Legal access to a registered vehicle with all state required insurance coverage for the purpose of driving on agency business.
- Valid CA Drivers License
- 1 year experience with wireless technology, hardware diagnostic analysis and repair, and knowledge of software installation issues and computer troubleshooting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to handle confidential information and personnel data with discretion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Significant Outlook experience on the client side.
- Strong hands-on desktop troubleshooting skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent task and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for the clients who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents, and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, verbal aggression, unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions, and inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work normally entails lifting computers, crawling under small spaces like desks, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
Pay: $16 to $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Contract/Temporary